2015 was certainly the interesting year.
I started it with high hopes – participating in a new year transformation contest. A contest where participants followed some sort of regime to achieve some physical goal – whether that be weight loss or improved muscle definition. I lasted for just over a month before I ran out of steam.
I changed jobs a few times. I entered the year working at an advice charity and have ended it at my current place of employment – a primary. However I have also worked briefly in hospitality and retail – sectors I’d never have dreamed I’d survive in.
In addition to the disappointing experiences though – one of which I write about here – there is much that did go well.
- I began eating better and improving my fitness habits.
- I started meeting friends more regularly and even made the effort to visit those who lived considerable distances away.
- I applied for University
- My depression stopped and I started to feel more emotions again
My resolutions for 2016 are fairly similar to what I wrote in 2015 and it is my hope I’ll have better luck in the year ahead.
- Lose 15 kg.
- Commit to 2 clubs and attend the sessions as often as is reasonable.
- Blog weekly.
- Practice the piano for at least 7 hrs a week.
- Commit to following my study plan – studying for at least 1 hr per weekday and 2 hrs per weekend.
- Try to arrange a social activity with a friend or acquaintance twice a month.
- Say yes to something at least twice in the year which is outside of my comfort zone.
- Try to stew less. Instead, distract myself or try to deal with the problem even if that means accepting help from another.
- Write a story in November (A novel would be nice but I don’t know if I have it in me).
- Get A*AA minimum in my A level resits